I meant to make one more pot holder for my dad, but I goofed. I thought it would be nice to make an intentional-looking one to go with my lazy wonky one, so I followed Ellison Lane’s starflower block tutorial. I didn’t adjust the sizes, though, so I ended up with two 12.5 inch squares. Doh! I blame late night brain. They would definitely have made nice pillows, but my dad wouldn’t want pillows, so I’m going to say they’re trivets. Heh!
I also made a mug rug for my husband; I figure he can put his nalgene on it at work. At first, I thought I’d get the kids’ handprints, but after just getting big smudges with the four-month-old, I realized that it wasn’t going to happen.
Once I had the footprints, I chose these borders because I liked the hedgehogs and I thought the purple print matched the purple in the ties in the dad fabric I also wanted to use, but when I lay the two blocks next to each other, it looked pretty awful.
After one more failed border (pac man print!), I ended up with this. Yay for being done!
I’m linking up to Clover and Violet’s Stash Project of the Month because I made these completely from my stash. I stitched together seven pieces of batting for my dad’s potholder!