… or The Reason My Bee Block Is Going To Be Two Days Late, Sorry Charlotte!
I’ve been so focused on working on Christmas things that Halloween stuff slipped my mind. I had planned to have both the kids wear old costumes, but then it was October 29th and I couldn’t find the monster body for Sunshine’s outfit. Whoops! Instead of buying a costume I wasn’t really excited about (why do the stores with the super cute baby costumes only stock them in August?!), I made a bapron like this one.
This is a superhero bapron, so he’s got both his secret identity business attire and his cape. Bizness in the front and party in the back!
I amazed myself again by taking alllll night to make what should be a super fast little project. I’m still really slow when I have to applique things — it took me forever to draw the N that I ended up using, and then I cut it out of fabric four times: first I forgot to flip it and then it was backwards; second I drew a different N, cut it out, then decided I didn’t like it; third I realized that the icy blue fabric I was using was too light, and fourth I cut out the dark blue one correctly. I also made too much bias binding really slowly.