Aug 262011
 

Last night, I really didn’t feel like working on one of my four in-progress quilts, so I made myself a bag for EPP hexies and diamonds! I was stoked because I finally figured out that this is what I wanted to use my preciousss Melody Miller teacups fat quarter for (Japanese fabric is so expensive!).
cup side
I used Pink Penguin’s fantastic lunch bag tutorial. I only did one thing differently: I was worried that I’d end up having unfinished edges on the inside (when you sew the bag, top loop, and cover together), so I wrapped the edge of the cover over the unfinished edges of the bag and top loop.
cover pinned over the raw edges of the top loop and bag body
This is what it looked like after I sewed the cover on:
the cover sewn over the edges of the top loop and bag body
Then when I topstitched the bag body, I caught the edge of that hemmy bit and voila! No unfinished edges!
all the raw edges are enclosed!
I’m happy that now I have a nice bag to put my epp things in! I wish the one teapot were higher up on the bag body, but at least it’s mostly visible towards the bottom. (Maybe this means I can buy another fat quarter of this fabric so I can try again! Hehe.) Also, I didn’t realize till I was taking pictures that I attached my top loop on inside-out — my interfaced bits are on the inside instead of the outside! Fortunately, I didn’t sew the handles too far into the top loop, so you can’t really see them through the not-interfaced fabric. At least the words that were supposed to be on the inside and ended up on the outside aren’t upside-down! 😀
teapot side

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)