Jul 152011
 

At first, I wanted to try making a strip quilt for the second of the baby girl quilts I was making for my aunty’s choices. I had fun cutting a pile of purple and pink fabrics into random-width strips, but then I saw that I had done this:
crooked strip
Before this, I had been really careful about refolding fabric and lining up selvedges prior to cutting it, but this time I thought I could get away with just using the fold line that the fabric came with. I guess not!

Fortunately, I had recently seen Teaginny Design’s awesome Summer Cabin quilt, and gave that a shot instead. Here’s what I ended up with:
baby girl log cabin quilt
I was tickled that my log cabin ended up almost perfectly square, even though I didn’t plan anything!

 Leave a Reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

(required)

(required)