I’ve been wanting a double gauze quilt of my own since it’s a little chiller lately, so before Christmas, I pulled out my hoarded Cotton + Steel double gauze and got working. (Glowbug totally stole the first one I made, and while later I made one for Sunshine.) Like last time, I used pretty double gauze for the top (Cotton + Steel), soft double gauze for the back (Kobayashi), and Quilter’s Dream wool batting. Then I machine tacked it to keep it poofy.
It was really fast to make — I think I only spent two days on it! Also, it turned out huge since the top is just four 1 yard cuts sewn together, and I used a twin-sized piece of batting.
I did the machine tacking in thread that matched the quilt top’s colors. I didn’t want them to stand out too much in the front because I didn’t put much effort into making sure the tacks were in an even grid.
It doesn’t come across in these photos too well, but it made a pretty effect on the back, especially in the quarter where I changed thread colors for each stripe. It made me think of a field of stars.
The backing is actually purple (more like the previous picture), but this picture shows the multicolored tacks I like. 🙂
I ended up mailing this to my sister for Christmas, and then her daughter stole it to use in her fort. The double gauze quilt thievery continues!