Returning to work after maternity leave and a hospital staycation for Cosmo meant that I finished nothing in the past week! I’ve slowly been working on my fussy cut swap picnic blanket, but there’s no way I’ll be able to finish it in time for Mr. Yazoo’s birthday picnic this weekend. Shucks!
However, I did get to have fun making my September blocks for the Sew Bee Joyful bee. Linda asked for wonky log cabins, and for this first one, I faithfully followed the tutorial she provided. I made a mistake, though — I trimmed too close in the bottom right corner! Doh.
After I finished the first block, I was worried that I wouldn’t have enough to make a second one so I liberally added in my own fabric. Hopefully Linda won’t mind!
These are the scraps of Linda’s fabric that I had left over after the two blocks. I’m happy — they’re decently small, so I think I did a pretty good job of using up as much of her fabric as I could.
I think the selvedges said Lecien, but I kept thinking of these fabrics as Dr. Seuss at Easter time. 😀